How It Works
How do I post an item onto the database (to sell or offer free of charge)?
- Click on the ‘Sell’ button located at the header of the page. This will direct you to the first step of the classified process.
- Enter in as much information about the item as possible. Depending on the category chosen for the item, there will be mandatory fields for you to fill. For example, choosing the For Sale -> Walkers/Rollators -> Four Wheels category will include the following mandatory fields: ‘Width between handles’, and ‘Maximum height’.
- Once you have finished providing as much information as possible for your item, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Preview’ to preview your listing, or click ‘Next Step’ to submit your listing. If you do not have an account at this point, you will be prompted to make one for your listing to go live. You may also click ‘Cancel’ to cancel your listing.
How do I update or remove my item?
- Log into your account and click on ‘My Account’, located in the upper-right hand corner of any page.
- On the left-hand side of the page, underneath My Account, click on My Active Listings. You will be directed to a page that lists all of your current listings.
- Underneath any of your classifieds, click on ‘Manage this Listing’, this will open a row of four buttons that will allow you to control your listing, including options to share, edit, delete, move, and copy your classified ad.
- Choosing to edit your classified will redirect you to a page with a number of buttons, allowing you to edit the category, details, and media of your classified ad. Once you have finished editing your ad, click the Finished Editing button to save your changes.
How do I use Assistive Device Exchange to search for a device?
- Click on the ‘Search’ option located at the top of the page, or use the search bar located at the top of the page.
- On the ‘Search’ page, you will be allowed to search for a device using an array of criteria, including selecting the category of item you’re looking for, as well as the price range and location of the item. Depending on the category chosen, you will be given a number of other fields to help specify your search.
- Alternatively, you can browse classifieds by category: From the home page, click on a parent category underneath the Categories section located on the left-hand side of the page. This will show you all classified ads underneath that category.
- You can drill down to more specific categories by clicking the plus ‘+’ icon located in the category breadcrumb at the top of the page.